Monday, November 21, 2011

Is amoxicillin bad to take for acne?

I went to the dermatologist today and he gave me amoxicillin. I've heard that it is a bad medicine to be on. I was just wandering if this was true or not. Is it harmful in any way?Is amoxicillin bad to take for acne?
No - it's not bad - I'm a nurse and was on some antibiotics - if it doesn't work ask for doxycycline - it's the strongest antibiotic out there - the strongest drug for acne outside of Accutane, which is a last resort drug...I had to stop the antibiotics because I couldn't tolerate them - but if the acne doesn't go away because it's a weak one write down the one I was on -the doxycycline - that worked the best and ask for that one and see what he or she says... Good luck...Is amoxicillin bad to take for acne?
Well it's not a strong antibiotic so it's doubtful it will do much for your acne - perhaps clearing up any that are 'infected' generally other antibiotics are used.


It's pretty mild - and may help decrease some area's - with little to no side effects.
Interesting. I have not heard of amoxicillin being used for ance. The topical antibiotics usually used for acne are erythromycin or possibly clindamycin. As far as safety, it is a pretty safe drug which shouldn't cause any concerns. Not sure how effective it will be though. Ask the doc about any side effects that are worrying you.

No comments:

Post a Comment