Monday, July 26, 2010

I have really bad acne, and really poor weight (I'm too skinny). Could my lack of a high bmi affect my skin?

well your overall health does affect your skin so if you are unhealthy and that is the reason for your low weight. You are also only 16 and hormones are running a bit wild around that age as well so your skin could be reflecting that. Another cause is stress.





What you need to do is maintain a healthy diet, (eating right, drinking plenty of water etc..) and try and reduce stress in your life if you can. There are tons of resources for home remedies as well and like the rest of your body you need to take care of your skin too. If your acne doesnt go away or at least get better with treatment then you may need to see a dermatologist and get something a little stronger. Whatever you do dont pick or scratch because they can leave unsightly scars. Make sure you moisturize your skin before putting on any kind of makeup as well because some can be very drying. I know you may worry about moisturizing with your acne but replacing moisture and replacing oil are quite different. Try an oil free moisturizer if it worries you.





I cannot help with your weight as I am only a skin therapist but if you are worried about it and no matter what you do you cannot get to a healthy weight you might want to take a visit to your doctor.





Good Luck, I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment