Saturday, July 24, 2010

Is it rude to bring up someone's bad acne?

My brother has really bad acne. I think it is because be eats alot of junk food and doesn't take care of his skin. I think he need to eat healthier, drink more water and wash his face with an astringent. I feel really bad bringing it up to him because he is really sweet and I don't want to hurt his feelings. Should I just keep my mouth shut?Is it rude to bring up someone's bad acne?
Acne is a health problem and should be addressed. The definition of rude is not applicable.Is it rude to bring up someone's bad acne?
Speak to your brother alone and tell him you're concerned about his condition.While eating junk food,not drinking enough water does not help to improve your health (translated as not help to improve your skin) they do not cause acne either.People with acne tend to have skin that react to soap,cleaners and astringent so observe how the skin reacts.Read books on skin problems/acne which are written by doctors and share the knowledge with your brother and he'll appreciate it.For some people stress or being outdoors can cause their skin to break out in spots.Acne can affect a person's social life/self esteem so if necessary,see a skin doctor.
Well, first of all, bad acne isn't caused by a bad diet. I had an acne problem %26amp; I went to the doctor for it because I thought it was caused by all the junk food I ate, but the doctor told me that is not true.





And I think he probably knows he has bad acne, and if he gets to hating it enough, he'll do something about it. He doesn't need you to tell him that he has bad acne.
It depends on him. It could be something that would make him feel bad so if you can do it in a way that won't make him feel bad. Maybe say ';You have the same skin I have'; Did you know I broke at really bad %26amp; that is why I drink all this water now. I also did ....if you ever want help just let me know cause you can do alot that can help clear it up.
One of my favorite sayings is ';Say what you mean. Mean what you say...but don't say it mean!'; If you can talk to your brother without putting him down or insulting him then I would say that it is the right thing to do. However, I suspect that your brother is very aware that his acne is bad so just telling him this isn't going to help. You may want to discuss this with your mother and suggest that he sees a dermatologist.
I think it is ok if you ask the right way because he is your brother (Hint, Hint, do not tellothers about their acne, they know they have it).





Start off by telling him you love him and there is something you want to helphim with. Make sure you have a solution. Maybe you can talk to your parents and ask them to helpyou by sending him toa Dermatologist. Many times acne isnot cause by anything aperson does(although avoidance of some things willmake it better). If your parents won't helpmaybe you can buy him Proactive





http://www.proactiv.com/order/select.php鈥?/a>





as a ';Just because I love you gift) the link is for a trial amount so if it does not work for him,you have not spent much money. I know people who have had great results.





Good Luck! Your brother is fortunate to have a loving sister like you!
honestly i'm a blunt person so i dont think its rude


2 tell someone their acne is bad and they need 2


take care of it, especially family. i mean i'd wanna


no if my acne waz bad. so i think u should just dont


do it infront of a lot of ppl just pull 'em aside and tell


'em. k. k.
It is not what you say it is how you say iy, and what your motive is. youth acne is a touchy subject for the person who has it, and some does not improve until they grow out of it,


Why not speak to your mother about it and let her do the talking. good luck.
It may be considered rude, but your doing it with good intentions (trying to help him with his acne). If you guys have a good relationship, then I don't see why he wouldn't at least listen to what you have to say.
No, you're just telling the truth and letting him know that he's got a little ';problem';. :) Better to be honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment