Monday, August 23, 2010

Is it bad if I substitute shaving cream with acne wash when shaving my legs?

I heard this helps my ingrown hairs on my thighs and knees. and also what does exfoliate mean?Is it bad if I substitute shaving cream with acne wash when shaving my legs?
its not bad at all, in fact it might help a little. exfoliating just helps remove dead skin and such, you can help the process by exfoliating with a lufa sponge or something of that sort. i exfoliate and use conditioner to shave my legs lol. i would apply lotion afterwards too...just to help with dryness since acne wash dries skin out (as does shaving).Is it bad if I substitute shaving cream with acne wash when shaving my legs?
I would assume it would hurt, especially if it contains any type of alcohol. I suggest using Intuition, it works wonderfully. After wards, slap on the lotion, don't be stingy use lots, and paying extra attention to dry areas.
You can shave your legs with baby lotion. You can use a facial mask on your legs it take off the excess skin. You have a problem when you shave in the wrong direction.
I highly recomend using hair conditioner to shave with. I read this once when I was in like 8th grade in Cosmo and have been doing it ever since. Makes them SUPER smooth!
Don't think it could hurt... I'd check a small part of your legs first to make sure you don't have a reaction. Another thought is that acne wash might be pretty expensive to use as a shaving cream!!
do ur legs have acne? lol but just but some colgate and shave them of get them waxed
Yes, that is fine, it worked good for me.


Exfoliate means cleaning and taking off dead skin cells. By mildly abrading your skin with exfoliating agents, you will remove the surface layer of dead cells. Afterward, fine lines will be less visible and your complexion will glow.


Hope I helped. (:
I wouldn't do that. I have sensitive skin and just the thought of that makes me cringe with pain. I use an aveeno shaving cream for ingrown hairs. If you're going to use acne wash, use it on days that you aren't shaving. Maybe use it the day or two after, but don't replace it. Shaving cream is supposed to protect your skin and I don't think acne was will protect. If you want to exfoliate use a loofah on your legs before you shave and that should help with dead skin.
The only possible side effect would be dry skin since most acne washes contain drying agents such as benzoil peroxide or salycilic acid. To exfoliate means to scrub off dry/dead skin cells to reveal the fresh skin underneath.
No, it is fine. It won't hurt anything and the salicylic acid heals with ingrown hairs. To exfoliate means to remove the dead skin cells.
that might be cool but aren't you a dude. why would a dude shave his legs???? or did you pick the wrong avatar picture dude. ???
i dont think it would affect anything.


except you wont be getting acne on you


legs. which i dont think is possible anyway


so your good to go. [=
it is bad.
it wont do bad unless ur allergic but to exfoliate means to remove dead skin cells, so its entirally ok, but as a heads up, some people who aren't allergic may have some unexpected reacton due to skin irritation thoughout the day and such


Ana
It's probably not a good idea since most acne washes dry your skin (especially when used on a part of the body that is not the face). Exfoliate means to remove dead skin cells and you can and should do this in the shower before you shave, and this will help prevent ingrown hairs. You can use a body scrub, or a loofah and moisturizing body wash, both of this work very well.
there's a reason shaving cream is called shaving cream and acne wash is called acne wash - DUH
try conditioner, it does the same thing, softens the hair for better shaving
Teh ance wash is thicker.
only if you are a guy...just kidding...exfoliate is where the dead layers of skin are chemically peeled away from the fresh live skin..
exfoliate is a fancy word for hair removal.

No comments:

Post a Comment